Welcome to Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia
Asian American Chamber of Commerce (AACCGP) serves Asian business in the Delaware Valley. It is a membership nonprofit organization which serves businesses, individual entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations for the growth of economy and employment in the Greater Philadelphia area.
Important AAPI Data Information
According to the American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates, from 2010 to 2015 the Asian alone population of Pennsylvania increased from 332,435 to 392,595, an increase of about 18.1 percent – much higher than the state’s general population growth of 1.3 percent during that time. The two largest subgroups within the Asian alone population are Asian Indian and Chinese with significant representation among the Vietnamese, Korean, and Filipino groups.
From 2011 to 2015, Asian Indian and Chinese persons accounted for the most substantial numeric increases in the Asian alone population of the Commonwealth while the Vietnamese population experienced the largest numeric decrease. Groups of the South Asian region surrounding India experienced the greatest percent increases since 2011 while Southeast Asian groups witnessed the highest percent decreases.
Click to read more about Pennsylvania’s Asian population, including a closer look at their geographic distribution and ethnic subgroups.
AACCGP Advisory Board Member and Director of the Chinatown Learning Center, Carol Wong, was awarded the Globy for Community Leadership award on Monday, December 12, 2016 at the Global Philadelphia 6th Annual Globy Awards and Global Ideas Summit.
Thank you, Carol, for all that you do for the community. Congratulations!
The Japan America Society of Greater Philadelphia held their 4th Annual Meeting at City Hall on Tuesday, November 15. Executive Director Kim Andrews unveiled the exciting opportunities afforded by our merger with Shofuso Japanese House and Garden. During the reception the Society welcomed a special delegation from our sister city, Kobe, to celebrate 30 years of friendship. The keynote speaker was Ambassador Reiichiro Takahashi Consul General of Japan in New York.
Nick Shenoy (President, AACCGP), Mrs. Takahashi, the Honorable Ambassador Reiichiro Takahashi, and Drake Nakaishi (Vice President, AACCGP)
- AACCGP Intern- job description please email Betsy Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org for detail
- The City of Philadelphia’s Office of Open Data & Digital Transformation just announced its Digital Transformation Fellows program. Looking for individuals with experience in content design, user experience design, web analytics, or project management. For more info log on to https://beta.phila.gov/departments/office-of-open-data-and-digital-transformation/jobs/
- Director, Stewardship & Development Communications United Way for details log on to https://unitedforimpact.org/about/labor/employment. Send resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to email@example.com and should include ‘Director, Stewardship and Communications’ in the subject line
- Learning & Development Facilitator for Generation Work Initiative – Park time position. To apply send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteers needed – Chinese/Taiwanese Perspectives on Mental Health for Clark University student conducting a psychology research. More information contact Emily He at email@example.com or to participate click https://clarku.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8oWJvmNQsl20Dul
- Sat 2/25/2017: Town Hall with the Governor's Advisory Commission on Asian Pacific American Affairs
- Thu 3/2/2017: 2017 Solas Awards Event
- Fri 3/31/2017: Philadelphia Working Together
- Fri 5/5/2017: Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration Banquet
- Sat 5/20/2017: 11th Annual Asian Pacific American Heritage Month Celebration