Welcome to Asian American Chamber of Commerce of Greater Philadelphia
Asian American Chamber of Commerce (AACCGP) serves Asian business in the Delaware Valley. It is a membership nonprofit organization which serves businesses, individual entrepreneurs and nonprofit organizations for the growth of economy and employment in the Greater Philadelphia area.
Important AAPI Data Information
According to the American Community Survey 5-Year Estimates, from 2010 to 2015 the Asian alone population of Pennsylvania increased from 332,435 to 392,595, an increase of about 18.1 percent – much higher than the state’s general population growth of 1.3 percent during that time. The two largest subgroups within the Asian alone population are Asian Indian and Chinese with significant representation among the Vietnamese, Korean, and Filipino groups.
From 2011 to 2015, Asian Indian and Chinese persons accounted for the most substantial numeric increases in the Asian alone population of the Commonwealth while the Vietnamese population experienced the largest numeric decrease. Groups of the South Asian region surrounding India experienced the greatest percent increases since 2011 while Southeast Asian groups witnessed the highest percent decreases.
Click to read more about Pennsylvania’s Asian population, including a closer look at their geographic distribution and ethnic subgroups.
REALIZING THE AMERICAN DREAM AWARD
Congratulations to Michael and Diane Chow! Sang Kee Restaurant
John Chin, Executive Director of the Philadelphia Chinatown Development Corporation, takes a look back at the history and founding of Philadelphia’s eclectic Chinatown neighborhood. Topics include the challenges the commercial and residential corridor has faced over the years, the evolving demographics of the immigrant population in Chinatown and some of the exciting developments in the works for the district, including the 23-story, mixed-use Eastern Tower Community Center slated to begin construction this year.
- AACCGP Intern- job description please email Betsy Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org for detail
- United Way Manager, Special Events and Women’s Leadership Initiative – for more information go to https://careers.unitedway.org/jobs
- Brandywine Health Foundation Chief Executive Officier (CEO) – for more details go to https://brandywinefoundation.org/
- American Red Cross SEPA Chapter positions available: Sr Volunteer Service Specialist, Volunteer Service Specialist and Part-Time recruitment of volunteers – for more information go to https://americanredcross.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/American_Red_Cross_Careers
- Philadelphia Regional Port Authority (PRPA) Project Engineer – for more information go to http://www.philaport.com/project-engineer/
- Philadelphia Housing Authority for Solicitation No. P-004711 Maintenance Related Services – Small General Contractors – no later than 10:00 a.m. 04/06/2017 at 3100 Penrose Ferry Phila., PA 19145. Late proposals will not be considered. Forward your request for an electronic copy of the solicitation to Joshua.Vigen@pha.phila.gov or visit PHA.PHILA.GOV and click on Business Opportunity for more details